Some of the most common ways to make a gift to the American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) are to write a check, make a gift using a credit card, or donate online.
A gift of cash could be right for you if:
- You want the easiest way to donate to ARCE.
- You want the largest possible income tax charitable deduction for your gift.
- You would like to make the gift to ARCE that has the greatest immediate impact.
How it works
You make a gift of cash directly to ARCE and you receive an immediate income tax charitable deduction. You can send a check to ARCE at 909 N. Washington Street, Suite 320, Alexandria, VA 22314.
How Your Gift Helps
Your gifts to ARCE help us foster knowledge of Egyptian cultural heritage and conserve its historic monuments and archaeological wonders. It will provide ARCE with the resources to…
What is an outright gift of cash?
An outright gift of cash is when you transfer funds to ARCE and get nothing of financial value in return. The most common way for donors to make an outright gift is to write a check payable to ARCE.
Gift provides immediate support
Unlike some other gift arrangements, your outright gift will provide resources that ARCE can put to immediate use. If you prefer to restrict our use of your gift in any way, please contact us so that we can be sure that we can carry out your wishes.
Maximum tax savings
You may deduct the full amount of your donation up to 60% of your adjusted gross income, providing tax savings if you itemize. You may carry forward all of your unused deduction for up to five additional years.
Ways to give cash
Most donors make an outright gift by writing a check payable to the American Research Center in Egypt (ARCE) and mailing it to us. You may also make a cash gift using your credit card.
Emilie Katz would like to make an immediate $15,000 gift to ARCE. Emilie could write a check for this amount and earn a charitable deduction equal to $15,000. Alternatively, Emilie could make a gift using her credit card by calling us on the phone, responding to a mailing, or by donating online through our website. Gifts of checks and gifts made via credit cards are considered cash gifts.
- Emilie may deduct up to 60% of her adjusted gross income for her gift of cash, providing tax savings if she itemizes.
- If Emilie itemizes deductions but cannot use the entire deduction in the year of gift, she may carry the balance forward for up to five additional years.
- Assuming Emilie itemizes deductions and can use her entire income tax charitable deduction of $15,000, which will save her up to $5,550 (37% tax).
- Emilie will gain the satisfaction of making a $15,000 gift to ARCE.